Nuevo Progreso

February 24, 2007
We crossed the Rio Grande
Stepped on to a foriegn land


In the country of Mexico
At Nuevo Progreso


City streets were a billowing blanket of cars and of trucks
Sidewalks were a crawling carpet of tourists moving like ducks


We dined on Corona and sincronizadas in Hay Jalisco

Souvineers we picked up all along the way cost us only a few peso


Across the International Bridge we walked
Looked down to the Rio Grande as we talked


Back on US soil we are happy to arrive
Oh indeed, "Today is a good day to drive"

Comments

Jennifer said…
oh how I love to dine on mexican food! slurp! have some for me!
Jennifer said…
oh how I LOVE to dine on real mexican food! yum! do have some for me! love
Anonymous said…
We lived in Mission TX for a few years and have since moved back home to Ohio. The thing I now miss the most about the area is Nuevo Progreso!

Popular posts from this blog

Houston Fest Galax, VA

Pandemic

Hospital Stay to Camping Out